The International Monster Truck Museum & Hall of Fame inducted its very first class of honorees in November 2011. Each year the IMTM will honor another group of the most influential people in the history of monster trucks. Here you will find information on each class of inductees.
Class of 2011
Bob Chandler – BIGFOOT
Jeff Dane – King Kong
Dan Degrasso – Beast
Jack Willman – Taurus
Everett Jasmer – USA-1
Fred Shafer – Bearfoot
2011 Hall of Fame Nominees: For the first class of the IMTM Hall of Fame, the Board of Directors chose those who are most recognized as the originators of the monster truck industry, and then put in place a Nominating and Voting process for the years to follow.
Class of 2012
Jim Kramer – BIGFOOT
Mike Welch – Monster Mash, Super Pete, etc.
George Carpenter – Promoter, Safety Director, Tech Official, etc.
Paul “Pablo” Huffaker – King Krunch, Just Show’n Off, Grave Digger, etc.
Dennis Anderson – Grave Digger
2012 Hall of Fame Nominees: Allen Pezo, Andy Brass, Army Armstrong, Billy Joe Miles, Bob George, Dan Patrick, Dave Marquart, David Morris, Dennis Anderson, Diehl Wilson, Gary Cook, Gary Porter, George Carpenter, Jim Kramer, Jon Breen, Kirk Dabney, Mike Welch, Pablo Huffaker, Scott Stephens, Seth Doulton
Check out Photos and Video (Coming Soon) from the 2nd Annual IMTM Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony held November 3rd, 2012.
Class of 2013
Allen Pezo – Predator
Dan Patrick – Samson
Scott Stephens – King Krunch
Gary Porter – Carolina Crusher, Grave Digger
Army Armstrong – Live Event Announcer, Television Personality
2013 Hall of Fame Nominees: Army Armstrong, Gary Bauer, Andy Brass, John Breen, Kirk Dabney, Seth Doulton, Brett Englemann, Bob George, Bobby Holman, Dave Marquart, Billy Joe Miles, Dan Patrick, Allen Pezo, Gary Porter, Jerry Richmond, Cliff Starbird, Scott Stephens, Alan Tura, Mike Vaters, Diehl Wilson
Check out Photos and Video (Coming Soon) from the 3rd Annual IMTM Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony held November 9, 2013.
Class of 2014
Diehl Wilson – Virginia Giant
Jon Breen – Mad Dog II, Stomper Bully, etc.
Michael Vaters – Black Stallion
Andy Brass – BIGFOOT
Kirk Dabney – Blue Thunder, Giant, etc.
2014 Hall of Fame Nominees: Andy Brass, John Breen, Kirk Dabney, Seth Doulton, Brett Englemann, Mike Gallaway, Bob George, Bobby Holman, Don Maples, Dave Marquart, Billy Joe Miles, David Morris, Jim Oldaker, Gene Patterson, Charlie Pauken, Cliff Starbird, Alan Tura, Mike Vaters, Diehl Wilson, Terry Woodcock
Check out Photos and Video (Coming Soon) from the 4th Annual IMTM Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony held November 1, 2014.
Class of 2015
2015 Hall of Fame Nominees: Mark Bendler, Gary Cook, Bennett Clark, Scott Douglass, Seth Doulton, Mike Gallaway, Bob George, Billy Joe Miles, Bobby Holman, Jack Koberna, Dave Marquart, John Moore, David Morris, Mike Nickel, Gene Patterson, Charlie Pauken, Jerry Richmond, Cliff Starbird, Alan Tura, and Terry Woodcock
Check out Photos and Video (Coming Soon) from the 4th Annual IMTM Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony held November 14, 2015.
2015 Hall of Fame Selection Process
The IMTM Board of Directors has put in place a nominating and voting process that will ensure the monster truck community is able to influence the selection in a non-biased and open to the public manner.
An official Nominating Committee will be utilized, consisting of 25 people from all aspects of the monster truck industry. This committee will consist of select current & former drivers, promoters, media and other people who have worked in, and/or studied the history of the industry.
Members of the Nominating Committee have an incredibly important task as they must research monster truck history, compare the accomplishments of all candidates, seek and consider input from others in the industry, and ultimately arrive at a list of chosen candidates and summarize the qualifications of each.
Select members of the committee will be retained for the following year, while others will be switched out for new members in order to keep a fresh perspective in the nominating process, and to involve more people in the industry as part of the selection process.
Beginning April 5th, 2015 the Nominating Committee will begin the process of narrowing the great number of candidates who have excelled in the monster truck industry over the years, down to an official voting ballot of 20 names.
The 2015 Nominating Committee includes the following people:
– Scott Bryant (author/current driver & crew)
– Greg Fuchs (former event coordinator)
– Mike Fussa (current crewman)
– Mike Gallaway (announcer)
– Steve Hess (former owner/driver)
– Jack Koberna (current owner/driver)
– Lenny Kuilder (current driver)
– Brian Manson (current promoter)
– Colby Marshall (current media)
– Tom Montgomery (historian)
– Chris Mormanis (historian)
– John Nowacki (current owner/driver)
– Jim Oldaker (former owner/driver)
– Chris Parrish (current media)
– Gene Patterson (former driver)
– Rick Romanini (current owner/driver)
– Jerry Richmond (former owner/driver)
– Richard Scott (historian)
– Gary Schott (current owner/driver)
– Tracy Smart (former crewman)
– Eric Stern (current media)
– Fil Tristan (former owner/driver)
– Alan Tura (former owner/driver)
– Jason Twite (current media)
– Wayne Smozanek (former owner/driver)
Each committee member will submit a form listing the 20 names they wish to nominate, along with a brief explanation of the qualifications of each. Forms from the Nominating Committee must be submitted by Sunday, May 3rd, 2015.
When all nominating forms have been received, the IMTM will tabulate the results and the 20 names submitted most across all committee member forms, will be the official 2015 IMTM Hall of Fame Nominees. The IMTM will announce the names of this prestigious group at the 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals in Lima, Ohio on Saturday, May 16th 2015.
Following the completion of the nominating process, an official voting ballot will be created, listing all 20 nominees. Members of the Board of Directors (all together weighted as 50% of total vote), and previous living Hall of Fame Inductees (all together weighted as 50% of total vote) will each receive a voting ballot. They will vote for 4 of the 20 nominees and return their ballot by September 1st.
The 4 nominees receiving the most votes* will be inducted into the IMTM Hall of Fame on Saturday, November 14th in Auburn, Indiana. These 4 inductees will be announced to the public on Saturday, September 19th, 2015 at the 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Hall of Fame Eligibility
For the early years of the IMTM Hall of Fame, with such a large group of worthy candidates from all reaches of the sport, the Board of Directors has decided on the following eligibility guidelines for the Nominating Committee to consider:
– Candidates will be primarily considered based on all contributions to, and accomplishments in, any aspect of the monster truck industry, and will not be inducted by group (i.e. inducted as a driver, promoter, media, etc.). Because people in monster trucks often work in multiple roles over their career, consideration should be given to their entire body of work.
– Consideration should also be weighted to the timeline of their involvement in the history of the sport (preference given to those who began their monster truck career earlier)
– Nominees not receiving enough votes for induction into the Hall of Fame in a given year will not automatically be nominated for the following year. Each year the slate is wiped clean and the process begins again.
– There is no limit to how many times a candidate may be nominated but fail to receive enough votes for induction. These candidates will always remain eligible for nomination in future years.
As the years pass and a greater number of the sport’s most influential figures have been inducted, the Board of Directors will consider putting in place additional eligibility requirements, should they become necessary, to limit the pool of candidates to only the best and brightest.
(*A maximum of one non-monster truck owner/driver will be inducted each year)